Once upon a time, I couldn’t conceive of being this age. Now it just seems like on the way to third base. And I don’t think many people around me know who I am, or why.
Or maybe I’m just at one of those points where I am wondering who I amor want to be.
But there is so much work to be done, that I want to do, that there isn’t really time to dwell on that. Need to keep moving, making room for what’s next.
Wikipedia points out some interesting things about 56.
* 56 is the sum of the first six triangular numbers (making it a tetrahedral number)
* It’s the sum of six consecutive primes (3 + 5 + 7 + 11 + 13 + 17).
* 56 is the number of times the word “Yeah” is used by Michael Stipe (R.E.M.) in the song Man on the Moon
* 56 is the number of men who signed the United States Declaration of Independence in 1776
* 56 is the code for international direct dial phone calls to Chile
* There is a town in Arkansas named Fifty-Six
* It’s the number of consecutive games in which Joe DiMaggio got a hit
* It’s the number of curls Shirley Temple wore in here hair when she was a child
* 56, in hex, is 38.